This is the second year that I have participated in the AWWC and not only did I exceed my nominated level, I thoroughly enjoyed every book that I read.
I committed myself to the Miles Challenge – to read 6 books and write reviews for at least 4 books.
I am happy to say that I read 9 books, and wrote reviews for all of those books. And a big thank you to everyone who read my reviews! 🙂
- Isabelle of the Moon and Stars by S.A Jones
- Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay
- All the Birds Singing by Evie Wyld
- Snowy River Man by Lizzy Chandler
- What Came Before by Anna George
- Questions of Travel by Michelle de Kretser
- Springtime: A Ghost Story by Michelle de Kretser
- The Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham
- The Idea of Perfection by Kate Grenville
It’s always such a rewarding experience searching out new Australian women authors to read, or to add a book that’s long been on my reading list to my AWWC list. Joining the AWWC gives me a valid reason to commit to reading (and writing reviews), which isn’t easy when life is hectic and full to overflowing. It’s been a great year of reading and I look forward to participating again next year.